Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Podcasting

I listened to a couple of Washington State University Libraries podcasts. One was an introduction to the Owen Library map collection, and the other about finding information on Geologic History. To be honest, I just listened to a few minutes of each of them just to get the drift. I can see that this is a good way to share instructional information, especially for those who learn best by listening. Our patrons might like to hear talks or lectures on a particular area of interest. I set up an RSS feed for a podcast of "This American Life". I love this NPR program but often miss it, so this is a good way to hear it at a time that works for me. I have in the past listened to podcasts of NPR stories that I only caught a part of and wanted to hear the whole thing.

No comments: