Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My first IM

Had my first IM chat today with a co-worker. I had expected it to be a bit awkward, but it was fun and easier than I thought it would be. I like the idea that it can be done while listening to music or possibly eating a snack--something I would hesitate to do while on the phone. I can also see the potential for reference questions, tech help, etc. I had assumed that the chat disappeared once the session was over, but I happened to check "chat" on my gmail account and found that the whole conversation was saved. I had to go to settings and change the chat history option to "don't save", and also delete the chat itself. My co-worker had to do the same. Something to remember in the future--that all IM communication has the potential to be saved and shared.

No comments: